Andrew Morton wrote:
[cut]
hm, that was supposed to shut itself off after 100 messages:

        if (unlikely(clone_flags & (CLONE_DETACHED|CLONE_STOPPED))) {
                static int __read_mostly count = 100;

                if (count && printk_ratelimit()) {
                        char comm[TASK_COMM_LEN];

                        count--;
                        printk(KERN_INFO "fork(): process `%s' used deprecated "
                                        "clone flags 0x%lx\n",
                                get_task_comm(comm, current),
                                clone_flags & (CLONE_DETACHED|CLONE_STOPPED));
                }
        }

I don't see how you got 151 instances.  I guess I'm having another stupid
day.

It looks like a simple race, two threads do count-- before doing if(count), resulting in an almost infinite loop. Probably.

atomic_test_and_dec might work.