On 08/12/2020 16:04, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
On 08.12.20 10:38, Linus Walleij wrote:

Hi,

This is Bartosz territory, but the gpio-mockup.c driver will insert
IRQs into the system, he went and added really core stuff
into kernel/irq to make this happen. Notice that in Kconfig
it does:

select IRQ_SIM

Then this is used:
include/linux/irq_sim.h

This is intended for simulating IRQs and both GPIO and IIO use it.
I think this inserts IRQs from debugfs and I have no idea how
flexible that is.

Oh, thx.

It seems to implement a pseudo-irqchip driver. I've already though about
doing that, but didn't think its worth it, just for my driver alone.
I've implemented a few irq handling cb's directly the driver. But since
we already have it, I'll reconsider :)

BUT: this wasn't exactly my question :p

I've been looking for some more direct notification callback for gpio
consumers: here the consumer would register itself as a listener on
some gpio_desc and called back when something changes (with data what
exactly changed, eg. "gpio #3 input switched to high").

But this is exactly why there is GPIO IRQs in the first place,
which are used to notify consumers.

More over most consumers doesn't know where the IRQ came from - on one HW it
can be gpio,
while on another HW - direct interrupt controller line.

--
Best regards,
grygorii