Hi Arnaldo,

On 3/18/2021 9:15 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
Em Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 02:51:42PM -0700, Andi Kleen escreveu:
If you care about not breaking existing scripts, then the output they
get with what they use as command line options must continue to produce
the same output.

It's not clear there are any useful ones (except for tools that handle
both). It's really hard to parse the previous mess. It's simply not
valid CSV.

That's why I'm arguing that keeping compatibility is not useful here.

We would be stuck with the broken mess as default forever.

Fair enough, lets fix the default then. Jin, can you please consider
adding a 'perf test' shell entry to parse the CSV mode with/without that
summary? This way we'll notice when the new normal gets broken.

- Arnaldo

Thanks Arnaldo! I will post v3 with the perf test script.

Thanks
Jin Yao