Hi,

This is the release of linux-user-chroot 2012.2.  The major change now
is that it makes use of Andy's new PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS.  This doesn't
close any security hole I'm aware of - our previous use of the MS_NOSUID
bind mount over / should work - but, belt and suspenders as they say.

The code:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/linux-user-chroot/commit/?id=515c714471d0b5923f6633ef44a2270b23656ee9

As for how linux-user-chroot and PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS relate, see this
thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.lsm/15339

Summary
-------

This tool allows regular (non-root) users to call chroot(2), create
Linux bind mounts, and use some Linux container features.  It's
primarily intended for use by build systems.

Project information