[resending because my mobile device decided it
wanted to send HTML, which of course bounced.]

On Oct 10, 2012 12:09 AM, "H. Peter Anvin" <h...@zytor.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2012 06:03 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> > Good point. A "whole hog" openat()-style interface is worth thinking about
> > too.
>
> *Although* you could argue that you can always simply open the module
> file first, and that finit_module() is really what we should have had in
> the first place.  Then you don't need the flags since those would come
> from openat().

But in that case, I'd still stand by my original point: it may be
desirable to have a flags argument to allow future modifications to
the behavior of finit_module() (as opposed to the behavior of the file
open).