* Srivatsa S. Bhat <srivatsa.b...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> On 04/19/2013 01:26 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Borislav Petkov <b...@alien8.de> wrote:

> >> Supposedly, some new Intels (I think Ivybridge or so) can actually be
> >> hot-removed.
> >
> > There are WIP patches in existence that remove the limitations on the
> > kernel side,
> > but they are not upstream yet, so currently the constraint exists upstream.
> >

> I thought Fenghua Yu's upstream commits were supposed to handle that. Don't
> they?

Hm, I thought there were more patches needed to support actual hardware - the
feature also has various limitations related suspend/resume. Are these
CPU0-hotplug commits all that was needed to support the new hot-pluggable
hardware?

In any case, you are right - it's indeed possible upstream as well.

Thanks,

        Ingo