On 01/28/2014 02:42 PM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
I just read it.  do_trap_no_signal presumably calls fixup_exception
because #UD uses it and #UD needs that handling.  (I'm guessing that
there is actually a legitimate use for a kernel fixup on #UD somewhere
-- there's probably something that isn't covered by cpuid.)

There should not be a #BR from the kernel using the fixup mechanism.
IMO if the exception comes from the kernel, it should unconditionally
call die.

Oh. I agree with you, and if a #BR from the kernel it should unconditionally call die.

        if (!user_mode(regs))
                die("bounds", regs, error_code);

Thanks,
Qiaowei