On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 12:25 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:19:19 +0200
> Paul Bolle <pebo...@tiscali.nl> wrote:

> I hope you don't think I was mocking you. I wasn't.

No, I didn't think you were.

> The only issue I can think of that including an unneeded header file
> does is to make the compile slightly longer. It's not a major need to
> do, but it may be done.

This entire conversation was triggered by <linux/module.h>. It has
turned into a bit of a red flag for me.

That is, if I see a patch adding an include of that header while the
code it adds is built-in only, I have a reason to stare at that patch
just a little bit longer. Because there's a chance that the code is
meant to be modular instead of built-in only or that it contains a few
things that are irrelevant for built-in code.

It just happened that things turned out to be rather complicated when I
stared at Tom's patch just a little bit longer.

Thanks,

Paul Bolle