On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 11:40 +0200, Rogier Wolff wrote:
[...]
> would IMHO work better. (A userspace program is technically a better
> solution, the social aspect of getting a bigger user-base is the main
> reason for me to suggest the in-kernel approach).

So *if* a user wants to participate, he/she also installs and configures
some daemon for this (which is also easier to look into if one is
curious) and there is no "Linux kernel phones home" stories.
And if not, he/she can easily remove it (again).

        Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services