On Mon, Sep 21, 2026 at 01:19:11PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote: > On Mon, 24 Aug 2026 11:09:28 +0300 Konstantin Sinyuk wrote: > > 2. Are the Generic Netlink semantics, including dump consistency, > > notifications and optional port statistics, aligned with YNL > > expectations? > > > 39 files changed, 13189 insertions(+) > > Networking is absolutely flooded with AI generated patches. > Including long term contributors excreting huge unreviewed > code dumps :/ We have absolutely no time to help other subsystems. > Please do not use Netlink going forward, sorry.
Hi Jakub, I do understand the feeling here :( But I do hope that you reconsider your position here. We had such a great experience with the drm-ras using the netlink and I was really hoping that we could just reproduce the same experience here. Netlink is such an incredible API. Would it help if I take the maintainership of this drm-fabric netlink along with the drm-ras one, ensuring the same consistent and clean usage? Thanks, Rodrigo.
