Pour ajouter mon petit grain de sel, je peux aussi mentionner
TeXmacs http://www.texmacs.org/

 GNU TeXmacs is a free scientific text editor, which was both
inspired by TeX and GNU Emacs. The editor allows you to write
structured documents via a wysiwyg (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) and
user friendly interface. New styles may be created by the user. The
program implements high-quality typesetting algorithms and TeX fonts,
which help you to produce professionally looking documents.

The high typesetting quality still goes through for automatically
generated formulas, which makes TeXmacs suitable as an interface for
computer algebra systems. TeXmacs also supports the Guile/Scheme
extension language, which makes it possible to adapt the user
interface to specific needs and even to extend the editor.

TeXmacs currently runs on PC's under Gnu-linux (a >200MHz processor
and >32Mb of memory are recommended) and on sun computers. The editor
is more or less compatible with the TeX system and we are improving
our interface with computer algebra systems. Subsequently, TeXmacs
should also support graphics and hypertext features.

GNU TeXmacs is hosted by the Centre de Ressources Informatiques de
Haute Savoie, Archamps, France

                                Anne

--
http://www-internal.alphanet.ch/linux-leman/ avant de poser