This site is a phishing scam. It prompts you to enter your email username / password, with the empty promise "We do not save your login info."

On the off-topic of iPads, I checked them out at the Apple store, and they are very nice! The graphics experience is much smoother than what I've seen on various Android devices.

I found this cheap Chinese tablet PC that has stats comparable to the iPad:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6405611

It's $370 + $70 shipping = $440. You can add a 3G chip for another $80. I haven't found any online reviews of this product, so who knows what the quality is.

Even if the hardware was good, there's no open GUI for it yet. Doing a developer build of Android for it is theoretically possible, but it would require a developer and a lot of time to make that work.

I'm hoping the new Ubuntu Unity interface will fill this gap. So far, it looks pretty good. It's supposed to be out by 10.10.

--Derek