On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Bradley Willson wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded!  The consensus seems to be "while a
> security risk, it can be done".  I do understand the underpinnings of
> sysreq; turning it on and off, piping commands to the trigger, logging,
> and what-have-you, but aside from using sysreqd (one maintainer, outside
> the realm of RHEL repos, etc, -- not a prod. env. option) are there
> environment settings that might make-or-break it in a SOL session?

Make-or-break? It is designed specifically for SOL sessions, so probably
forgetting to turn it on would be a way to "break" it I guess.

As for environment settings, it is a kernel level facility that grabs
keyboard input before it is sent to higher levels of the application
stack. Thus the only environment that would affect it is kernel level and
below.

..Ch:W..

--
"An idea does not gain truth as it gains followers." Amanda Bloom