On 10/26/2012 03:20 PM, William Kreuter wrote:
A shell script that does exactly what ~/.xsession does in fvwm.

Shortly after I wrote, I found that "startup applications" in
System/Preferences took care of what I wanted to do in practice.  But I
imagine that it might be necessary, or at least cleaner or more
desirable, to have a shell script do this sort of task instead.  It
looks like what I interactively entered into Startup Applications gets
stored in a scattering of xml files down in one of Gnome's directories
somewhere, rather than in a bash script or in one single easily edited
file.