Depends on the level of expertise, if one knows netfilter, conntrack,
routing, multi network card setup, IP.

However, speaking of a standalone, router/wall purpose built distro, I
would measure them for an average windows sysadmin who heard something
about iptables.

Ease of configuration and explanations -> Accuracy of applied settings
-> The amount of manual work required -> Driver support/stability (
especially for 10G cards )

Sincerely,
Alexandr Normuradov