Dear old Linux List,
I'm so glad you are still here, and I hate to come across like a complete
newby, but I need help getting a new machine with preinstalled Win10 to get
dual boot to work.
Background:
 1. Last month my old linux box crashed, refused to boot, hard drive
corrupted.
 2. Bought an HP Pavilion 550-227c desktop at Costco with Win10 Home
installed on 2TB drive. Everything works as it should.
 3. Installed openSUSE Leap 42.1, resized windows partition, all the
default linux partitions for swap, boot, root, etc. Everything works as it
should except sound (RealTek HD, missing special driver maybe?).
 4. Rebooted into Win10 and everything there still seems to work, except .
. .
 5. There is no option or opportunity to reboot into Linux that I can find.
 6. So obviously I don't know wtf I'm doing and now I'm trying to learn
more than I ever wanted to know about UEFI and new secure boot process.
 7. Costco Tech Support was no help and handed me off to Microsoft, which
was even worse.
 8. I did figure out how to run bcdedit (boot config data editor) in
windows, but I still don't know how to get a boot menu so a linux boot is
an option. I do know the linux installation is still there, so I could, if
necessary, reinstall linux, but rather not.
Help? In Seattle, I hope?
Thanks,
Randyl