Obviously, CNN 'reporters' are lazy and this reflects in the steadily
decline of their content quality (in fact i dropped my cnn tech rss
feed today - it has eventually become a waste of time as 'news' is
always old and many times just plain silly/useless propaganda..) but
anyway, the question:

regarding Linux : are more of the general public becoming ignorant
because our Linux communities have stopped being news or interesting?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/04/tech/mci-endless-computer-desktop-pc-emerging-markets/
Not only has similar ideas been done (more than 10 times the past 10+
years and $169 with no screen is too expensive but if you use Linux and
a desktop that you did not develop yourself, you should give credit
where it is due!! )

AND...  to write: " Chrome requires connectivity, and Linux is too hard to use"

and then, in the next paragraph: "Endless eventually came up with a
Linux-based operating system equipped with a new and easier-to-use
interface"

*sigh*

--
apologies, for the cross posting, to the few people on SLL that are also
subscribed to blug - i added two extra sentences, just for you :)