> > That driver really needs more work. Several things in it have become
> > obsolete, e.g. it still uses sleep_on() and manages it's own queue.
>
> Throw me a few more hints, please. I already knew about error handling
> being changed; what should I use for sleep_on(), and will the driver still
> be able to release the ST-DMA lock on request done if queue management is
> done by the midlevel?

On second thought - the sleep_on we can perhaps do away with by cutting
out the whole lock wait scheme (lock contention between SCSI, IDE and
floppy are the least of my concerns). Lock release is currently done by
the low level driver after calls to scsi_done() which seems fine. Lock
acquisition happens in queue_command() which may sleep, causing other
commands to time out. The error handling code suffers from the same
problem - the SCSI timer needs to be stopped while queueing commands and
doing error handling. Is there a way to guarantee this?

        Michael
-