Hello Tuomas,

apologies for dropping off the conversation for so long - I only returned from an overseas trip with only sporadic net access three days ago.

What exactly does your device support - SCSI-1, SCSI-2 CCS, SCSI-2 or
higher? (Apologies for asking this - it will be in one of your old
logs but I cannot easily read these here.)

The drive you would find by searching with the model number in the logs would point you to an IDE drive, which is actually connected to a bridge adapter (ACard AEC-7720U) that supports full Ultra SCSI features. I also have a 'real' ST51080N that supports Fast SCSI-2 that I've also tested with the driver to no avail. I will double check again with the real SCSI drive to ascertain that the bridge adapter is not the culprit, just to make sure.

I'm fully aware the info would have been in the logs, but all I had to work with was a dodgy XP box at my in-law's place, and not a lot of time to poke around.

You have established that the SCSI bridge is responsible for a few odd warnings but nothing serious, so I'd say we give your patched driver a good workout on a number of Amiga m68k porter boxes, Unless you beat me to it, I would suggest I provide a patch against Geert's latest m68k development tree for someone else to integrate into the Debian kernel package (would be a highly experimental one). Does that sound fair?

Cheers,

  Michael