From: Tuomas Vainikka <tuomas.vaini...@aalto.fi>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:36:09 +0300

> Does anyone have the register descriptions for the FAS216 chip? It
> would seem that receiving only one byte during reconnect is perfectly
> normal [1] unless SCSI-2 features are explicitly enabled (which
> esp_scsi doesn't seem to be doing).

This is quite possibly true.  I've never see it happen myself while
testing the driver though.

> Also, looking at the timeout formulae in the old NCR53C9x.c driver,
> the values would be different for FAS216. Why was this dropped from
> the modern esp_scsi?

I've never seen a formula for any ESP or FAS chip for the timeout
other than the one mentioned in huge comment in
esp_set_clock_params(), although I do see the 7668 instead of 8192
factor being used in the old NCR53C9x driver.

I wrote esp_scsi.c based upon the old sparc ESP driver and the docs
I had available to me.