Hi Michael,

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Michael Schmitz <schmitz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, in that case I'll need to work out something similar to the test for
> optional SCSI function on the Blizzard 1230/1260 to find out what board
> I have when dealing with the duplicate Fastlane/Blizzard1230II ID.
>
> Is the board base address as returned by zorro_resource_start() reliable
> to distinguish between Zorro II and Zorro III boards?

The board base address is assigned by AmigaOS based on the values in the
Expansion ROM (mainly ExpansionRom.er_Type) on the board.
More specifically, AmigaOS creates struct ConfigDev from struct ExpansionRom.
So yes, it must be reliable.

> Am 06.03.2018 um 20:43 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven:
>> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:11 AM, Michael Schmitz <schmitz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Index 1 should have been ZORRO_PROD_PHASE5_CYBERSTORM_MK_II, I've
>>> corrected that in the meantime.
>>>
>>> Fastlane / Blizzard 1230_II distinction is something I an not quite
>>> sure about - does the probe function get called twice if the device
>>> table contains the same ID twice but with different driver_data
>>> contents?
>>
>> No, the probe function gets called on the first match only.
>> Cfr. drivers/zorro/zorro-driver.c:zorro_device_probe().

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- ge...@linux-m68k.org