On 화, 2009-02-03 at 11:20 +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Nate,
>
> On Thursday 29 January 2009, Dongsoo Kim wrote:
> > Thank you.
> >
> > So if V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE is for Exposure Value control, I think there
> > is no api for exposure metering. right?
>
> V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE controls the exposure time. This is often implemented
> through a mechanical or electronic shutter in the device.
>
> What kind of exposure metering do you have in mind ? Can you give us some
> details ?

I mean photometry which is all about light meter (or exposure meter).
Like spot metering, center weighted things..

> > Actually many of APIs for camera are missing I guess.
>
> You're probably right. The V4L1/V4L2 API have been developed for frame
> grabbers and extended to webcams. Now that high-end digital cameras get USB
> connectivity, the V4L2 API should be extended with new controls. Feel free to
> submit proposals for discussion on the linux-media mailing list.

Thank you for you encouraging words.
Actually I'm working on some ISP devices from NEC, Fujitsu. and ARM SOC
camera interface peripheral like PXA3, S3C64XX, OMAP3..
I wish I could make a device very close to a real digital camera.
It wouldn't take so long until I submit a RFC about V4L2 API for digital
camera :) (I hope so at least)
Cheers.

Regards,
Nate