Hi Guennadi,

Valentin Longchamp wrote:
> Hi Guennadi,
>
> Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
>> I uploaded my current patch-stack for the i.MX31 Camera Sensor Interface
>> to http://gross-embedded.homelinux.org/~lyakh/i.MX31-20090124/ (to be
>> submitted later, hopefully for 2.6.30). As stated in 0000-base-unknown,
>> these patches shall be used on top of the
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/djbw/async_tx.git tree
>> "upstream" branch.
>>

> I have tested your patchset on our mx31moboard system. However, I would
> like some precisions on how things should be registered.

I am now able to register a camera device on the soc_camera bus with
mx3_camera, I had not initialized well the bus_id for my platform
device. After struggling with a few minor hardware bugs, I am now able
to register a MT9T031 camera (actually we have a MT9T001 for testing,
but they are very similar).

So things seem to be working fine. I am testing it with the capture.c
example from v4linux. But the mt9t031 only supports bayer format atm (I
could try to work on it, but first I need to validate our hardware
design by grabbing real images), could someone point me to an easy way
of converting this bayer format to something readable (maybe a raw image
for gimp, that's what I am trying to do now) ?

By the way, Guennadi, if you want me to test something more extensively,
don't hesitate to ask me about it.

Thanks again for your patch.

Val

--
Valentin Longchamp, PhD Student, EPFL-STI-LSRO1
valentin.longch...@epfl.ch, Phone: +41216937827