On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:58:00 +0100
Thomas Kaiser <v...@kaiser-linux.li> wrote:

> Hello Jean-Francois

Hello Thomas and Steve,

> Thanks, for the frame (or frames?).

It is a full image. It is compressed: the images have different sizes,
about 25 Kb.

> What resolution did you use while recording this stream?

I have not the webcam, it is Steve's. Looking at the image size, I think
the resolution should be 640x480, but it maybe 352x288. Steve?

        http://moinejf.free.fr/UsbSnoop.zip

> When I was guessing the streams of webcams, I used to get the sensor
> into saturation -> complete white picture. So you know how the
> decoded picture should look like ;-)
>
> Actually, it is quite easy to get a webcam sensor into saturation.
> Just remove the lens of the cam an put a light in front of it. Check
> in Windoz if the picture is really complete white and then record a
> stream in Linux. Now, you should get a very homogeneous stream. Look
> at it and ....
>
> I hope you got the idea?

Very good idea. Steve, may you do such a trace?

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentan |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/