kilg...@banach.math.auburn.edu wrote:

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Thomas Kaiser wrote:

kilg...@banach.math.auburn.edu wrote:
Yes, what you quote is the SOF marker for all of these cameras. The total header length, including the SOF marker ought to be 12 bytes. On all of the mr97310 cameras that I have dealt with, the last 5 bytes are obviously related somehow to the image (contrast, color balance, gamma, whatever). I have no idea how to interpret those values, but we can hope
that someone will figure out how.

Two of them are luminance values (middle and edge) for the PAC207.

Which two, and how do those numbers translate into anything relevant?

Looks like I had some off list (private) email conversation about the frame header of PAC207 with Michel Xhaard. I just paste the whole thing in here:

michel Xhaard wrote:
> Le Samedi 18 Fe'vrier 2006 12:16, vous avez e'crit :
>
>> michel Xhaard wrote:
>>
>>> Le Samedi 18 Fe'vrier 2006 10:10, vous avez e'crit :

>>> Thomas,
>>> Cool good works :) so 3 and 4 are good candidate . To get good picture
>>> result there are 2 windows where the chips measure the ligth condition.
>>> Generally one is set to the center of the image the other are set to get >>> the background light. At the moment my autobrightness setting used simple
>>> code and only one windows of measurement (the center one) .
>>
>> Some more info, 3 is the center one.
>
> :)
>
>>> Did you want i try to implement these feature ? or maybe you can have a
>>> try :) the only problem i see is between interrupt() context and process >>> context. I have set up a spinlock for that look at the code how to use it
>>> ( spca5xx_move_data() )
>>
>> Yes, please. Because I have no idea how to do this :-(
>> I am good in investigating :-)
>
> I know, but can be very good in code to, as you know the hardware :) now let try to look at 1
                         ^^ What does this mean?
> is there the black luma level ?
I don't get it. What is the black luma level?

Regards, Thomas

--
http://www.kaiser-linux.li

By any chance, you do not have a JL2005B or JL2005C or JL2005D camera among them, do you? AFAICT they all use the same compression algorithm (in stillcam mode), and it appears to me to be a really nasty one. Any help I could get with that algorithm is welcome indeed.

I have to check. Please send me the USB ID.

Thomas

PS: Now we have the 5. season in Liechtenstein, Fasnacht (means carnival). So, you can guess what I am doing the next couple of days :-)