Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi all,

There are lot's of discussions, but it can be hard sometimes to actually determine someone's opinion.

So here is a quick poll, please reply either to the list or directly to me with your yes/no answer and (optional but welcome) a short explanation to your standpoint. It doesn't matter if you are a user or developer, I'd like to see your opinion regardless.

Please DO NOT reply to the replies, I'll summarize the results in a week's time and then we can discuss it further.

Should we drop support for kernels <2.6.22 in our v4l-dvb repository?

_: Yes
_: No
No
Optional question:

Why:

i don't have a vote as i'm only a user and not a developer

but i thought i would just make one point

as far as i can see, the v4l-dvb tree exists to create support for a particular class of hardware within the linux kernel the separate tree is very useful to lots of people (i include myself in that) - but it is a byproduct of the development methodology

so if you think this group's mission is to provide support for distributions then you should vote no and if you think this group's mission is to provide support for the linux kernel then you should vote yes

Thanks,