I'm having the same issues (recognized - but won't turn on) with the same card
and would be delighted to join the open discussion and to try to help to provide
any information necessary to debug this issue.

To this point, I have enabled debug options on what I think are the related
modules and have seen nothing that appears to be an error, but am also noticing
that there should be some messages about loading firmware for the various chips
and they don't appear (I did put the firmware files in /lib/firmware but I
cannot find references to their correct md5sums to verify they are correct)

I'm a newbie to linux, but was once (20 years ago) a system manager on a
vax/unix system, so I can find my way around a bit better than average.

Tell me what info you want to see or what actions to try and I will gladly act
immediately.

Ben (pgh...@yahoo.com)