On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 16:04 -0400, Steven Toth wrote:
> >> So, under MCE find a major network ABC, NBC or CBS that works perfectly
> >> for you
> >> then locate the RF channel on antenna web.org.
>
> > These all come in fine on mce.
> >
> > KDKA-DT    2.1    25
> > WTAE-DT    4.1    51
> > WQED-DT 13.1    38
>
> (Rule #2, always CC the mailing list. Don't drop them off, even by accident.
> An
> honest mistake on your part so I've added them back in.)
>
> Modify your $HOME/.azap/channels.conf to look like this:
>
> ch25:539000000:8VSB:65:68:4
> ch38:614000000:8VSB:65:68:4
> ch51:695000000:8VSB:65:68:4
>
> The use the following command to tune ch25:
>
> azap -r ch25
>
> What happens next?
>
> - Steve

No indicator light - I know this is probably just a bit set somewhere
that turns on/off the light and has nothing to do with actual operation
of the card, but thought I would mention it.

using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
tuning to 539000000 Hz
video pid 0x0041, audio pid 0x0044
status 00 | signal 7fe2 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
status 00 | signal 008c | snr 0082 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
....last line repeats indefinitely.....I hit ^c.

tried a second time - now all lines match last line and again I hit ^c.
also the same as the second line for the other two channels.

Something I forgot to mention, if you remove the card with the system
running linux it results in a freeze with a blinking caps lock led (btw
it's a hp dv9208nr laptop). It's ok under windows (32bit). I am running
64 bit linux.

If I insert the card after booting linux without it, the lines
referencing the card do not get added to dmesg's output, and the /dev
entries do not appear. udevd issue or driver?

I don't have any other expresscards that I could plug-in to see if hot
swap works on other things.

Ben
oops on the reply list. It has been a long time since I wrote to a mail
list. I did catch one thing before you needed to tell me - i switched to
plain text from html mail.