On 20 May 2009 16:44:22 Simon Kenyon wrote:
> mp3geek wrote:
> > Not even being detected in Linux 2.6.29.1, I have the modules "dm1105"
> > loaded, but since its not even being detected by linux..
> >
> > lspci -vv shows this (I'm assuming this is the card..), dmesg shows
> > nothing dvb being loaded
> >
> > 00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Device 195d:1105 (rev 10)
> >     Subsystem: Device 195d:1105
> >     Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop-
> > ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
> > <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
> >     Latency: 30 (4000ns min, 8000ns max), Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
> >     Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
> >     Region 0: I/O ports at 9400 [size=256]
> >

> > The chip says the following, SDMC DM1105N, EasyTV-DVBS V1.0B
> > (2008-04-26), 0735 E280034
>
> because i saw that there was a driver written by igor, i took a chance
> and bought a DM04 DVB-S card on ebay. it only cost ─20 (including
> shipping from HK to Ireland) so i reckoned "nothing ventured, nothing
> gained"
> on a windows box it runs rather nicely. granted that the software
> provided does not provide a BDA driver, so you are pretty much limited
> to the stuff that comes with the card.
> but a big "me too" on linux (which is what i bought it for)
> i similarly get an "ethernet controller" and nothing in the kernel log
> when i load the dm1105 module.
>
> what do i need to do to debug the situation and/or update the driver?
>
> regards
> --
> simon

It seems, one can find GPIO values for LNB power control.
Do not forget about Vendor/Device ID's.

I wrote code to support card with subsystem/device 195d/1105, but no one
reported success, so I
decided not to include it in commit :(

It was more then one year ago

http://liplianin.at.tut.by/dvblipl.tar.bz2

--
Igor M. Liplianin
Microsoft Windows Free Zone - Linux used for all Computing Tasks