Andreas Regel wrote:
> David Lister schrieb:
>> I didn't want to write a long mail, but here goes:
>>
>> The TechnoTrend company, as of Februay 2009, doesn't exists any more.
>> *It is bankrupt*. First, its owner Novabase sold as many of its shares
>> as it could in 2007, in hope that the proceeds would allow TechnoTrend
>> to get back on track. No such luck. A few months back this year, the
>> company was finally dumped and sold as a whole to some German telco
>> company in the Kathrein Group for liquidation, because of the tremendous
>> drop in it's market value and forthcoming bankruptcy. This might also be
>> of some interest to prospective buyers of it's former products. :) I
>> don't want to search for all the press releases, but you can verify this
>> claim here:
>> http://www.euronext.com/fic/000/044/480/444806.pdf
>
> As written there the Görler Telekom bought the business and stock of
> TT, that includes the brand name, all products and most of the
> developers. They formed a new Company called TechnoTrend Görler GmbH,
> that will continue development, production and sales.
>
> See here: http://www.kathrein.de//en/press/cont/texte2009/pi0910.htm
>
> Even if not explicitely mentioned there, PC products are included in
> that deal.
>
> New web site is still under construction: http://www.ttgoerler.de/

That is good news, thanks for the update! Everything falling apart last
time I checked was a rather disturbing experience, even though I've
never been their greatest fan. There's just a handful of companies
making usable PC tuners and TT was one of the bigger ones. If KG are
serious, I am quite relieved. Kathrein not only has extensive know-how
and capital, it seems to like Linux. We might even see official Linux
support for their new products. That would be cool! :) I'd definitely
support such a manufacturer.

*OT* I just remembered in connection with Linux DVB-S2 cards: in case
some of you also heard about that new dual DVB-S2-CI tuner for PC's with
full Linux support, you can forget about it. Or at least I can. When I
pre-ordered directly from the Russian manufacturer (NetUP), they said
the price for one would be $1000. What a rip-off...

--
Dave