Trent Piepho <xy...@speakeasy.org> writes:

> Mauro,
>
> Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/v4l-dvb
>
> This series adds a function for bounding and alignment image sizes and
> modifies a number of drivers to use it.  It came up when the pxa patches to
> deal with the alignment issues for that driver were posted.  I haven't
> tested these patches for pxa.

Hi Trent,

I didn't see the review of that serie, I'm curious what others said.
As for my comments, I'll inline your code, sorry about that.

> 02/14: v4l2: Create helper function for bounding and aligning images
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=b4d3ec8d363d

+static unsigned int clamp_align(unsigned int x, unsigned int min,
+                               unsigned int max, unsigned int align)
+{
+       /* Bits that must be zero to be aligned */
+       unsigned int mask = ~((1 << align) - 1);
+
+       /* Round to nearest aligned value */
+       if (align)
+               x = (x + (1 << (align - 1))) & mask;

If I'm not mistaken, these lines are an equivalent of :
        balign = 1 << align;
        if (align)
                x = ALIGN(x + 1 - balign/2, balign);

Isn't that simpler to read ?

+
+       /* Clamp to aligned value of min and max */
+       if (x < min)
+               x = (min + ~mask) & mask;
+       else if (x > max)
+               x = max & mask;
+
+       return x;
+}

> 03/14: pxa-camera: Use v4l bounding/alignment function
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=cb48209c1841

+ /* Limit to pxa hardware capabilities. YUV422P planar format requires
+ * images size to be a multiple of 16 bytes. If not, zeros will be
+ * inserted between Y and U planes, and U and V planes, which violates
+ * the YUV422P standard. */
The multiple lines comment format, according to the Coding Style, would be
rather :
/*
 *
 */
That is a question for Guennadi, as he is the maintainer of pxa_camera.

+ v4l2_bound_align_image(&pix->width, 48, 2048, 1,
+ &pix->height, 32, 2048, 0,
+ xlate->host_fmt->fourcc == V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV422P ? 4 : 0);

Cheers.

--
Robert