Igor M. Liplianin wrote:
On 6 June 2009 23:37:47 Simon Kenyon wrote:
Igor M. Liplianin wrote:
On 5 June 2009 21:41:46 Simon Kenyon wrote:
Simon Kenyon wrote:
Simon Kenyon wrote:
the picture seems to be breaking up badly
will revert to my version and see if that fixes it
[sorry for the delay. i was away on business]

i've checked and your original code, modified to compile and including
my changes to control the LNB works very well; the patch you posted
does not. i have swapped between the two and rebooted several times to
make sure.

i will do a diff and see what the differences are

regards
--
simon
the main changes seem to be a reworking of the interrupt handling and

Main change is to move demuxing from interrupt to work handler.
So I prepaired another patch, with separate work queue.
May be you find some time to test.

I wonder CPU usage and interrupts count(cat /proc/interrupts) while viewing DVB. I guess your card generates a lot of unnecessary(unknown ?) irq's.

Another idea is to increase dma buffer.

i've tested that now
sorry for the delay - at a family wedding

anyway, that seems to work fine. will st some more, but the first results (with kaffeine) seem good.

i did a complete scan and then tried about 20 different channels. they all seemed to work fine.

thanks
--
simon