Hi Mauro,

[snip]

>I'm seeing lots of patches and discussions for OMAP and DaVinci being
>handled
>at the linux-media Mailing List, as part of the development process of the
>open
>source drivers.

[MK] I along with Chaithrika are working with Hans Verkuil to get the DaVinci
video drivers added to open source. I believe VPIF display driver for DM6467 is
ready for merge. The VPFE capture driver for DM355 and DM6446 is almost ready.
I will be creating the version 3 (hopefully final) version of the patch and
review the same in the list.
Do you think these patches can be merged to 2.6.31? This will be of great help
to us if this can be done since we have other works lined up based on these and
our customers are waiting for this for a very long time.

[snip]

>One fundamental concept on Kernel development is the concept of "Commit
>earlier
>and commit often", meaning that the better is to send small, incremental,
>and
>periodic patches, than wait until having everything done, then submit a big

[MK] With that in mind, we began our porting work with minimum set of features
and stripped off many of the features so that we can add them incrementally.

Murali Karicheri
Software Design Engineer
Texas Instruments Inc.
Germantown, MD 20874