Am Freitag 24 Juli 2009 15:06:08 schrieben Sie:
> Em Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:15:16 +0200
>
> Markus Rechberger <mrechber...@gmail.com> escreveu:
> > On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Mauro Carvalho
> >
> > Chehab<mche...@infradead.org> wrote:

> > Ah well Mauro,
> >
> > > This mailing list, the freenode irc channels #v4l and #linuxtv, the V4L
> > > and the LinuxTV mailing lists were created for discussing open source
> > > development related to the kernel linux media drivers, the usability of
> > > those drivers and related open source themes.
> > >
> > > Anything related to binary only userspace stuff is completely out of
> > > topic and shouldn't be posted on the above places.
> > >
> > > Despiste what you're saying, your intention to drop support to open
> > > source is clear: you are playing against open source since 2007, when
> > > you firstly proposed a frontend hook at the kernel driver for
> > > userspace. This year, you dropped all open source trees you used to
> > > have. So, it is clear that you're out of open source business, and you
> > > won't be giving any open source support. So, please stop posting at the
> > > open source forums
> >
> > there's no reason to argue with you since you have your own ideas. We
> > do give opensource support as well. So please find another target to
> > struggle around with. Let's see who's able to deliver the better
> > solution for endusers.
>
> This is not a sort of game to see who has a better solution for end users.

Wrong! For the user who does not look behind the curtain (and the majority of
them do not) the recommended solution wins. The essence of the recommendation
is the decisive point, nothing else.

> A company that has a serious commit to open source opens their datasheets
> to allow public development and contributions and submit patches regularly
> upstream, without any userspace hooks.

Nonsense! How can you talk about "public development" if the majority of
developers is forced to sign non-disclosure agreements as a necessary
precondition to get access to data sheets?

> Closed source drivers don't fit well at open source market. There are lots
> of examples of failures to this approach with all sorts of vendors, and
> lots of buyers decision of not buying a card X because open source driver
> doesn't exist or is crappy.

Dream on baby, I'm sure tomorrow you will tell us all that pigs can fly :)
The majority is still MS, and you and I won't change that - unfortunately.

> Anyway, it might have some space for your driver, but not on this forum.

Who gives you the right to say that to anybody?
You should perhaps take some lessons about the philosophical basics of open
source @ Mister Richard Stallman:
There you will learn what "freedom" in the deeper sense of open source means:
It does not mean "free beer". But in fact it is equivalent to "free speech".

And this equivalent to "freedom of speech" definitely excludes fascistoid small
brained gestures like "I am the boss" or "You are not allowed to speak in that
forum" and other Machoist stupid omnipotence phantasies of that rather poor
and primitive no brain kind.

> Cheers,
> Mauro
>
> ---
>
> "What we're saying today is that you're either part of the solution or
> you're part of the problem." [1968 E. Cleaver Speech (in R. Scheer,
> Eldridge Cleaver (1969) 32)] --

I'd call that fascist crap.

And to teach you, Chehab, (and of course all your brothers and sisters in
mind) in how far you are a wrong and a completely displaced person I will give
you a citation of John Lennon from 1966.
It treats the difference of the pure idea of "christian religion" and small
brained human hypocritic practice on the other hand:

"Jesus was alright, but his disciples were nothing but thick and ordinary.
It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

Available here: http://quotationsbook.com/quote/21607/

So everyone reading that who can really think further without external
leadership (following the studies of Immanuel Kant) will easily understand in
how far Markus' decision to quit linuxtv.org was NOT a pure technical one.

To make open source a real fun and pleasure we need large minded, real
liberal, progressive thinking maintainers, NOT blind functioning brain-washed
soldiers of the rather disgusting primitive fascistoid kind.