On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Kaya Saman<samank...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Michael Krufky wrote:
>>
>> Kaya,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Kaya Saman<samank...@netscape.net> wrote:
>>

>> I don't think that's true -- I didn't see your earlier post, but I can
>> only assume that your WinTV USB 1 Tuner uses the NT003 / NT004
>> chipsets, supported by the usbvision driver -- did you try that?
>>

>> Better off getting a new one anyway, since analog TV will disappear
>> eventually and DTV is all that will be around.
>>  The HVR-900H is currently *not* supported under Linux, and it does not
>> seem that it will get such support anytime in the near future,
>> unfortunately.  Please note, I am only speaking for the HVR-900H ...
>> other flavors of the HVR900 are fully functional and supported, just
>> not the "H" version.
>>
>> If you're looking for a well-supported USB hybrid device, I would
>> recommend one of the standard "HVR-900" sticks, or even better, the
>> HVR-1900 .  The HVR1900 is a usb device that does Digital DVB-T and
>> analog (PAL / NTSC) both.  The analog side has a hardware mpeg encoder
>> -- this is perfect if you intend to use the device for recordings.
>> HVR1900 is fully supported under Linux.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Thanks for the response Mike!
>
> You claim there is a Hauppauge HVR-1900... I am looking on the
> www.hauppauge.co.uk website and all I see is a 1400 which is SMC slot??

HVR1400 is expresscard.

HVR1900 is usb2.  HVR1950 is the NTSC/ATSC/QAM version of the HVR1900.
 (HVR1900 is PAL/DVB-T, but can also do NTSC, and other analog
standards)

HVR1900 is the one I am recommending for you.  Maybe the website
you're looking at needs updating -- the HVR1900 has been available
already for quite some time.

Regards,

Mike