Em Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:49:59 +0200
Markus Heiser <markus.hei...@darmarit.de> escreveu:

> Am 20.07.2016 um 16:31 schrieb Jonathan Corbet <cor...@lwn.net>:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:23:28 +0200
> > Markus Heiser <markus.hei...@darmarit.de> wrote:

> >> Hi Mauro,
> >>
> >> IMHO we should better fix this by unsetting the lexers default language
> >> in the conf.py  [1] ... currently:
> >>
> >> highlight_language = 'C'  # set this to 'none'
> >>
> >> As far as I know the default highlight_language is also the default
> >> for literal blocks starting with "::"
> >
> > The thing with that is that a lot of literal blocks *do* have C code, even
> > in kernel-documentation.rst.  Setting that in conf.py would turn off all C
> > highlighting.  I think that might actually be a desirable outcome, but it
> > would be good to make that decision explicitly.
> >
> > As it happens, I'd already fixed these particular warnings in docs-next:
> >
> >     http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.documentation/39806
> >
> > I took a different approach; using code-block might actually be better.
>
> In some kernel-doc comments we have constructs like this:
>
>  * host point of view, the graphic address space is partitioned by multiple
>  * vGPUs in different VMs.::
>  *
>  *                        vGPU1 view         Host view
>  *             0 ------> +-----------+     +-----------+
>  *               ^       |///////////|     |   vGPU3   |
>  *               |       |///////////|     +-----------+
>  *               |       |///////////|     |   vGPU2   |
>  *               |       +-----------+     +-----------+
>  *        mappable GM    | available | ==> |   vGPU1   |
>  *               |       +-----------+     +-----------+
>
> I mean, in kernel-doc comments it would be nice to have no lexer
> active when starting a literal block with a double colon "::".
> Introducing a none highlighted literal block with a directive
> like ".. highlight::" or ".. code-block" is a bit verbose
> for a C comment.  And on the opposite, if one place a C construct
> in a literal block with a double colon "::", only the highlighting
> is missed, but we get now warning.
>
> At least a code-block should be a code block, not a diagram
> or anything other ...
>
> I don't know whats the best ... but these are my 2cent :)

I actually think that the best would be if we could have a way to
"draw" graphs inside the documentation. We have a few cases of
diagrams like the above at the media documentation too.

As Sphinx seems to like ASCIIart, IMHO, the more Sphinx-style
way would be to have a:

.. code-block:: asciiart

markup to handle it.

Another possibility would be to have a graphviz extension.

> --Markus--
>

> > jon
> > --

Thanks,