Em Wed,  7 Sep 2016 09:12:55 +0200
Markus Heiser <markus.hei...@darmarit.de> escreveu:

> From: Markus Heiser <markus.hei...@darmarit.de>
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> according to your remarks I fixed the first and second patch. The third patch
> is
> resend unchanged;
>
> > Am 06.09.2016 um 14:28 schrieb Jonathan Corbet <cor...@lwn.net>:
> >
> > As others have pointed out, we generally want to hide the difference
> > between functions and macros, so this is probably one change we don't
> > want.
>
> I read "probably", so there might be a chance to persuade you ;)
>
> I'm not a friend of *information hiding* and since the index is sorted
> alphabetical it does no matter if the entry is 'FOO (C function)' or 'FOO (C
> macro)'. The last one has the right information e.g. for someone how is
> looking
> for a macro. FOO is a function-like macro and not a function, if the author
> describes the macro he might use the word "macro FOO" but in the index it is
> tagged as C function.
>
> Macros and functions are totally different even if their notation looks
> similarly. So where is the benefit of entries like 'FOO (C function)', which
> is
> IMHO ambiguous.
>
> I tagged the 'function-like macros index entry' patch with 'RFC' and resend it
> within this series. If you and/or others have a different opinion, feel free
> drop it.
>
> Thanks for review.
>
> -- Markus --
>

> Markus Heiser (3):
>   doc-rst:c-domain: fix sphinx version incompatibility
>   doc-rst:c-domain: function-like macros arguments
>   doc-rst:c-domain: function-like macros index entry
>
>  Documentation/sphinx/cdomain.py | 79
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  1 file changed, 76 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

Those patches indeed fix the issues. The arguments are now
processed properly.

Tested-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@s-opensource.com>

---

Using either this approach or my kernel-doc patch, I'm now getting
only two warnings:

1) at media-entity.h, even without nitpick mode:

./include/media/media-entity.h:1053: warning: No description found for
parameter '...'

This is caused by this kernel-doc tag and the corresponding macro:

        /**
         * media_entity_call - Calls a struct media_entity_operations operation
on
         *      an entity
         *
         * @entity: entity where the @operation will be called
         * @operation: type of the operation. Should be the name of a member of
         *      struct &media_entity_operations.
         *
         * This helper function will check if @operation is not %NULL. On such
case,
         * it will issue a call to @operation\(@entity, @args\).
         */

        #define media_entity_call(entity, operation, args...)
\
                (((entity)->ops && (entity)->ops->operation) ?
\
                 (entity)->ops->operation((entity) , ##args) : -ENOIOCTLCMD)

Basically, the Sphinx C domain seems to be expecting a description for
"...". I didn't find any way to get rid of that.

2) a nitpick warning at v4l2-mem2mem.h:

./include/media/v4l2-mem2mem.h:339: WARNING: c:type reference target not found:
queue_init

        /**
         * v4l2_m2m_ctx_init() - allocate and initialize a m2m context
         *
         * @m2m_dev: opaque pointer to the internal data to handle M2M context
         * @drv_priv: driver's instance private data
         * @queue_init: a callback for queue type-specific initialization
function
         *      to be used for initializing videobuf_queues
         *
         * Usually called from driver's ``open()`` function.
         */
        struct v4l2_m2m_ctx *v4l2_m2m_ctx_init(struct v4l2_m2m_dev *m2m_dev,
                        void *drv_priv,
                        int (*queue_init)(void *priv, struct vb2_queue *src_vq,
struct vb2_queue *dst_vq));

I checked the output of kernel-doc, and it looked ok. Yet, it expects
"queue_init" to be defined somehow. I suspect that this is an error at
Sphinx C domain parser.

Markus,

Could you please take a look on those?

Thanks,