On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 07:35:10PM +0000, Sean Young wrote:
> > The application I am trying to use it with is the mythtv frontend.  I
> > am doing the keycode munging from an SSH session while myth is still
> > running on the main screen. I didn't think this would matter (since it
> > worked for KEY_OK->KEY_ENTER) but perhaps it does. Obviously
> > ir-keytable -t intercepts the scancodes when it is running, but when I
> > kill it myth responds normally to some keys, but not all.
>
> X and keycodes is a bit messy. You might need xmodmap mappings. You
> can check them xev. I don't know much about this, I'm afraid. What
> linux distribution, version and keyboard layout are you using? I could
> try and see if I can reproduce/fix this.

I mostly figured this out but something weird happens with the most
significant bit (see my follow-on email). FWIW, this is on ubuntu 16.04
with their standard kernel (4.4) and a bog-standard US english layout.

> > I wanted to mention that the IR protocol is still showing as unknown.
> > Is there anything that can be done to sort that out?
>
> It would be nice if that could be sorted out, although that would be
> a separate patch.

That's fine. For the current patch, please feel free to add my
Tested-By: vincent.mcint...@gmail.com

> So all we know right now is what scancode the IR receiver hardware
> produces but we have no idea what IR protocol is being used. In
> order to figure this out we need a recording of the IR the remote
> sends, for which a different IR receiver is needed. Neither your
> imon nor your dvb_usb_af9035 can do this, something like a mce usb
> IR receiver would be best. Do you have access to one? One with an IR
> emitter would be best.
>
> So with that we can have a recording of the IR the remote sends, and
> with the emitter we can see which IR protocols the IR receiver
> understands.

I'll poke around to see if I can find something, will take a few days.
Thanks again for your interest in this.
Vince