On 10/14/2009 06:52 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
Hello all,

I have setup a tree that removes the mode switching code when
starting/stopping streaming.  If you have one of the em28xx dvb
devices mentioned in the previous thread and volunteered to test,
please try out the following tree:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/em28xx-modeswitch

In particular, this should work for those of you who reported problems
with zl10353 based devices like the Pinnacle 320e (or Dazzle) and were
using that one line change I sent this week.  It should also work with
Antti's Reddo board without needing his patch to move the demod reset
into the tuner_gpio.

This also brings us one more step forward to setting up the locking
properly so that applications cannot simultaneously open the analog
and dvb side of the device.

Reddo DVB-C USB Box works fine with this patch. But whats the status of this patch, when this is going to Kernel? Reddo is added to the 2.6.32 and due to that I need this go 2.6.32 as bug fix. If this is not going to happen I should pull request my fix:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/reddo-dvb-c/rev/38f946af568f

And other issue raised as well. QAM256 channels are mosaic. I suspect there is some USB speed problems in Empia em28xx driver since demod UNC and BER counters are clean. It is almost 50 Mbit/sec stream... Any idea? I tested modprobe em28xx alt=N without success...

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/