Terve Devin,

On 10/26/2009 05:36 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
Hello Antti,

Sorry, I'm a couple of days behind on email.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Antti Palosaari<cr...@iki.fi>  wrote:
Reddo DVB-C USB Box works fine with this patch. But whats the status of this
patch, when this is going to Kernel? Reddo is added to the 2.6.32 and due to
that I need this go 2.6.32 as bug fix. If this is not going to happen I
should pull request my fix:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/reddo-dvb-c/rev/38f946af568f

I've received some very mixed results in terms of testing of the patch
(as you can see from the responses).  Even stranger, I received mixed
debug *why* the people who raised problems still had an issue.  I
continue to believe it's the "right fix" but I don't know why those
people reported problems with it.

OK, I will wait then.

And other issue raised as well. QAM256 channels are mosaic. I suspect there
is some USB speed problems in Empia em28xx driver since demod UNC and BER
counters are clean. It is almost 50 Mbit/sec stream... Any idea? I tested
modprobe em28xx alt=N without success...

What do you mean by "mosaic"?  Can you try using dvbstreamer and see
what the overall throughput is?  That will tell us if we are not
getting the whole stream.

You cannot rely on the "alt=n" for DVB.  The max packet size is
determined by an em28xx register.

I mean picture is bad, very much errors on stream. Look this thread for sample picture:
http://linuxtv.fi/viewtopic.php?t=3661&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I did some more tests yesterday after sending that mail. Problem seems to be that em28xx does not transfer bytes faster than ~46 Mbit/sec whilst stream is over 50 Mbit/sec. About 5 Mbit/sec is lost... I ensured that comparing towards Anysee E30C Plus DVB-C which has same demodulator (TDA10023). Anysee is just fine, Empia not. I looked stream sizes by using dvbtraffic.

Is there any way to speed up Empia to handle streams bigger than ~45 Mbit/sec?

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/