On 29/01/2010 10:27 PM, David Henig wrote:
Thanks, eventually tip 1 fixed this. For some reason I had 2.6.31-17-generic without a .config, as I seem to be using 2.6.31-17-generic-pae. Creating a symlink to that fixed this error.

Unfortunately still can't finish build, I get an error in firedtv-1394, as shown below. Do I need to reinstall, as I also get the following message?

***WARNING:*** You do not have the full kernel sources installed.
This does not prevent you from building the v4l-dvb tree if you have the
kernel headers, but the full kernel source may be required in order to use
make menuconfig / xconfig / qconfig.

If you are experiencing problems building the v4l-dvb tree, please try
building against a vanilla kernel before reporting a bug.

Thanks again for any help, I'm sorry I'm only a couple of months into linux, I'm just trying to do this against what I thought was a fairly standard build...

David

Hi David,

It looks like you don't have the kernel headers package installed. In Ubuntu this package is called linux-headers-generic for the generic kernel, and linux-headers-server for the server kernel, etc and so forth.

If you have this package you shouldn't need to any symlinking with the .config, either. I didn't have to.

Regards,
Frank.