Am Samstag, den 13.03.2010, 14:43 +0100 schrieb Chicken Shack:
> Am Samstag, den 13.03.2010, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Hans de Goede:
> > Hi,

More clever would have been never to rename it from alevt-dvb to alevt.
On the prior you don't have any rights and I seriously doubt you have
any on the later.

> > > Good morning Hans,
> > >

> > Good afternoon :)
> >
> > > Definitely not.
> > > 3.95 is analogue only and thus is discontinued as version.
> > > 4.0 pre is the alpha-state tarball that you can get here:

No, 3.95 is "official" and right for patching and 4x was never released.

I pointed to mpeg4ip only as a joke.

> > Ah, ok. Well I must honestly say I've no interest in that I'm doing
> > package maintenance for the 3.95 release in Fedora and I know it
> > needs a lot of patching, AFAIK other distros are doing the same,
> > so it would be good to have / become a new upstream for xawtv 3.95,
> > to have a place to gather all the distro patches mostly and release
> > that, and where new patches if needed can accumulate and new
> > releases can be done from.
> >

> > > http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/xawtv-20081014-100645.tar.gz
> > >
> > > Inofficial end of development somewhere in 2005 or 2006, last external
> > > contribution from October 2008.

It was on March 08 2005. You even don't know that?

http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/maintainer.txt

Maybe improve your Pinnacle stuff first, I can point you to a lot on the
TODO list.

Hermann