Hello!

>Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
>> 1) Memory-to-memory devices
>>
>> Original thread with the proposal from Samsung:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-samsung-...@vger.kernel.org/msg00391.html
>>
>[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Pawel,
>
>I wanted to start prototyping Resizer and Previewer driver to this framework,
> before starting just wanted to make sure that I start with latest and
> greatest. Is V2 post still holds latest? Did you do any changes after that?

Only some minor tweaks for v3, which is currently underway. This is the expected
changelog for it:

- streamon/off will have to be called on both queues instead of just either one
- automatic rescheduling for instances if they have more buffers waiting
- addressing comments from Andy Walls

All in all, I do not expect any other API changes and only minor tweaks under
the hood. It should be ready this week.

>Also, have you validated this with actual hardware module? If not then I think
>I can now start on this and add resizer driver to it.

Yes, we have actually been using v2 for several real devices, one of which was
the previously posted S3C rotator driver:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg13606.html

And there is always the test device, which was posted along with v2.

If you come across any problems or have more questions, I would be happy to
help.

Best regards
--
Pawel Osciak