On 10/04/10 06:54 PM, Andy Walls wrote:

Hmmm.  Darren's having problems (loss of video/black screen) with my
patches under my cx18-audio repo, but I'm not quite convinced he doesn't
have some other PCI bus problem either.

Anyway, my plan now is this:

1. on cx18-av-core.c:input_change()
        a. set register 0x808 for audio autodetection
        b. restart the format detection loop
        c. set or reset a 1.5 second timeout

2. after the timer expires, if no audio standard was detected,
        a. force the audio standard by programming register 0x808
                (e.g. BTSC for NTSC-M)
        b. restart the format detection loop so the micrcontroller will
                do the unmute when it detects audio

Darren is in NTSC-M/BTSC land.  What TV standard are you dealing with?
..

I'm in Canada, using the tuner for over-the-air NTSC broadcasts.

Cheers!
--
Mark Lord
Real-Time Remedies Inc.