On 12/04/10 05:17 PM, Andy Walls wrote:
On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 16:08 -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
..
I wonder if this means that once the audio bug is present,
it remains present until the next time the driver is loaded/unloaded.

Which matches previous observations.
The fallback (hopefully) works around this, but there's still a bug
somewhere that is preventing the audio from working without the fallback.
..

Okay, the "fallback" works -- recordings made with it do have good audio.

And.. my hypothesis appears to be true thus far:  once the audio fails,
requiring the fallback, it stays failed until the driver is reloaded.

Every subsequent recording made (after a "fallback") also experiences the
fallback.
This is with a good channel, with good audio.  Subsequent recordings using the
exact same channel.

Weird, eh.  I wonder how to discover the real cause?

Good workaround, though!  Thanks.
--
Mark Lord
Real-Time Remedies Inc.