Thanks, Igor. I was using that set of drivers (if I understood the Babelfish translation.)

My issue was that my hardware was broken (I was using a VMWare VM that didn't emulate usb properly). It's always hard to work out what's broken when you load up some new package and it doesn't work. I'd confirmed that the s660 worked from windows, but I had to build a windows vm to demonstrate that it was VMWare that was broken. Meanwhile, I kept stumbling across what seemed to be similar breakages to what I was seeing.

I don't know how feasible it would be, but when I used to write device drivers, I'd pull together simple programs to test that the hardware was working as I'd expect as I spent so much time debugging changing hardware designs :-(

I would say that the tevii drivers have both new code compared to the tip of the driver that you manage, and also seem to be missing some code.

thanks again for your help. Now all I've got to do is get mythtv to work...

Tim