On Monday, September 13, 2010 14:10:55 Kim, HeungJun wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> What if some SoC's specific HW block supports only on-the-fly mode for
> stream output??

What do you mean with 'on-the-fly mode'? Does that mean that two HW blocks
are linked together so that the video stream goes directly from one to the
other without ever being DMA-ed to memory?

> In this case, what is the suitable buf_type??

Suitable buf_type for doing what?

You probably need the upcoming media API to be able to correctly deal with
these issues. Check the mailing list for the patches done by Laurent Pinchart.

The current V4L2 API is really not able to handle changes in the internal
video stream topology.