-----Original Message-----
From: Kim, HeungJun [mailto:riverful....@samsung.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:02 PM
To: 'laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com'; 'hverk...@xs4all.nl'
Subject: RE: how can deal with the stream in only on-the-fly-output
available HW block??

> On Monday, September 13, 2010 14:10:55 Kim, HeungJun wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > What if some SoC's specific HW block supports only on-the-fly mode for
> > stream output??
>
> What do you mean with 'on-the-fly mode'? Does that mean that two HW
blocks
> are linked together so that the video stream goes directly from one to
the
> other without ever being DMA-ed to memory?

You're right. It's linked with internal SRAM FIFO. So, syncing streams
with both blocks is kept with VSync Interrupt. It's not using DMA-ed to
memory in this mode.

> > In this case, what is the suitable buf_type??
>
> Suitable buf_type for doing what?

I wanna define this blocks topology with V4L2 APIs. But, I don't find
suitable buf_type or any definitions in the V4L2 APIs with current SoC's
block media topology.

> You probably need the upcoming media API to be able to correctly deal
with
> these issues. Check the mailing list for the patches done by Laurent
> Pinchart.
>
> The current V4L2 API is really not able to handle changes in the
internal
> video stream topology.

Thanks to Hans. It's very helpful.
I'll check Laurent's media topology patches.

Hello, Laurent,

I'm googling and find your patches, so I'm checking with. But, where can I
get your patches?? Probably, I would find in this page :
http://git.linuxtv.org/, so what's your repository?

Regards,
HeungJun, Kim