Issa Gorissen writes:
 > I have read that this CI chip driver is in staging because some questions on
 > how to handle it are still not answered.
 >
 > I volunteer to handle this one. I'm a regular java developer, but I'm willing
 > to put effort in learning linux drivers writing.
 >
 > So Ralph, can you give me some pointers on where the discussion should resume
 > ?

AFAIR, the only problem was that the old "sec"-Device name was abused. I do
not see a problem in just adding a "cam" or whatever device in
dvb-core and use that.
Or just rename "sec" since it is no longer used.

Regarding the interface I think it should just remain being like a pipe.
Using the dvr and demux devices for this just adds overhead.

-Ralph