Thomas Holzeisen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I tried to get an RTL2831U dvb-t usb-stick running with a more recent kernel
> (2.6.38) and failed.
>
> The hg respository ~jhoogenraad/rtl2831-r2 aborts on countless drivers, the
> rc coding seem have to
> changed a lot since it got touched the last time.
>
> The hg respository ~anttip/rtl2831u wont compile as well, since its even
> older.
>
> The recent git respositories for media_tree and anttip dont contain drivers
> for the rtl2831u.
>
> Has this device been abandoned, or is anyone working on it?
>
> greetings,
> Thomas

There are still people working on it and there is new sources, e.g. look at
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg24890.html
at the very bottom. Worked like a charm at my system with kernel 2.6.39.

I think, there will be announcements later at
http://wiki.zeratul.org/doku.php?id=linux:v4l:realtek:start

Greetings from Braunschweig, Germany.
Sascha